Tuesday 25 August 2009

Okavango Delta: 24th Aug 09











After an early start we got back into our canoes and went to large islnd where we went on a walking safari – we got quite close up to some elephants, but had to be very quiet as they tend to run t you if you spook them. Then we returned to the mainland to grab some stuff from our truck before getting back into the canoes and heading to a different campsite. Unlike the first, this one had great showers, toilets, hot running water and a bar. It also had ‘permanent’ tents with beds in – result!

We spent the day chilling/snoozing and eating and then the evening in the bar listening to 80s music. Matt had one too many and started dancing, much to the amusement of the locals!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Matt and Paul,

    It sounds like you're having a ball. As well as a fright with those hippos learing up at you, but I bet it was really exciting though:) I can't imagine why you didn't whip your camera out and get a pic!!

    Life is good here, it's hard to believe I've only been back a few days, I've told travel stories to so many people - it won't be long until I'll stop stangers in the street to tell them about the Hyena's in the night on the Serengetti! They'll call me crazy...and they'll be right.

    Missing you more you each day. Keep having loads of fun and laughs.

    Love you G xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha – we have all seen Matt’s dancing !!

    Emx

    PS – What happened to the Blog name – I much preferred my suggestion ! ;o)

    ReplyDelete