Sunday 13 December 2009

Chiang Mai, Thailand: 10th – 11th Dec 09



Yesterday we did Chiang Mai’s famous ‘flying with gibbons’ which involves going into the jungle and riding on zip wires from tree to tree in the canopy.

There were 18 zip wires altogether, along with some suspended wobbly bridges and a couple of trees for abseiling - it was really good fun. Of course, we did the world’s highest zip wire from the top of a mountain in Namibia a couple of months ago, so this seemed tame in comparison!


Today we chilled out and had a 2 ½ hour Thai massage. It was excellent. Most of it felt really nice, but some of it really really hurt. Unfortunately some of it made me want to fart - especially when the lady pushed my knees into my chest, kind of sat on me and started kneading my butt with her elbows. I simply can’t believe one didn’t slip out! Luckily after 2 ½ hours I’d managed not to guff on the masseuse - unfortunately Matt did a small boff on his, it sounded uncannily like creaking floorboards so nobody noticed, phew!

Despite the trump traumas, it was the best massage we’ve ever had and we’ll definitely do another!

No comments:

Post a Comment